We propose two workshops – “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” and “NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach”.
The possible option for the workshop schedule – short (15 min) reports (3-4 reports) followed by discussion. All reports will be submitted together with the MetSoc abstracts according to the main abstract submission deadline (May 8, 2018).
I. “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” (conveners: Guy Libourel and Ruslan Mendybaev). Due to the great popularity of the workshop, it was postponed to the conference week, and the day will be announced later.
Presentations and talks already proposed:
- chemical and isotopic fractionations during evaporation of refractory melts experiments;
- experimental investigations of meteoritic substance by Knudsen effusion mass-spectrometric method;
- thermodynamic modelling of evaporation processes of lunar and meteoritic substance;
- experiments on high- and low-temperature processes in the early Solar System;
- modeling of chondrule formation;
- hypervelocity impacts experiments on metal target and their bearing on metallic asteroids;
- metal/silicate equilibrium, mineral/melt partitioning, and redox issues;
- interaction between silicate surfaces and gas in the ISM;
- simulation of the iron-modification processes in the silicate surface of different cosmic bodies;
- oxygen fugacity of meteorites and synthesis of some mineral phases;
- morphologies of impact-simulated condensates and their natural analogs.
II. 1-day pre-meeting workshop on Sunday, July 22, 2018 (11:00 am): “NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach” (Conveners: Olga Popova, Vladimir Svetsov, Valery Shuvalov). This workshop will be held in the State Geological Museum of Russian Academy of Sciences before registration and welcome party