We propose two workshops: the pre-conference workshop “NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach” on Sunday (July 22) and the mid-week workshop “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” on Thursday (July 26).
The possible option for the workshop schedule – short (15 min) reports (3-4 reports) followed by discussion. All reports will be submitted together with the MetSoc abstracts according to the main abstract submission deadline (May 8, 2018).
I. Pre-conference workshop on Sunday, July 22, 2018: “NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach” (Conveners: Olga Popova, Vladimir Svetsov, Valery Shuvalov). This workshop will be held at 11 am in the conference hall (second floor) of the State Geological Museum of Russian Academy of Sciences (address: Mokhovaya Str. 11, Bld.11) prior to Welcome Reception .
II. Mid-week workshop “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” (conveners: Guy Libourel and Ruslan Mendybaev). This workshop will be held in the Blue Room of the “Golden Brains” Building (address: Leninsky Prospect, 32a) on Thursday, July 26 at 1:30 pm.
Presentations and talks already proposed:
- chemical and isotopic fractionations during evaporation of refractory melts experiments;
- experimental investigations of meteoritic substance by Knudsen effusion mass-spectrometric method;
- thermodynamic modelling of evaporation processes of lunar and meteoritic substance;
- experiments on high- and low-temperature processes in the early Solar System;
- modeling of chondrule formation;
- hypervelocity impacts experiments on metal target and their bearing on metallic asteroids;
- metal/silicate equilibrium, mineral/melt partitioning, and redox issues;
- interaction between silicate surfaces and gas in the ISM;
- simulation of the iron-modification processes in the silicate surface of different cosmic bodies;
- oxygen fugacity of meteorites and synthesis of some mineral phases;
- morphologies of impact-simulated condensates and their natural analogs.