We propose two workshops before the meeting. They will be held in the State Geological Museum of Russian Academy of Sciences before registration and welcome party – “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” and “NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach”.
The possible option for the workshop schedule – short (15 min) reports (3-4 reports) followed by discussion. All reports will be submitted together with the MetSoc abstracts according to the main deadline for abstracts.
1. 1-day pre-meeting workshop on Sunday, July 22, 2018, from 9 am to 4 pm, “Experiments and Modeling in Investigation of Extraterrestrial Material” (conveners: Guy Libourel and Ruslan Mendybaev)
Presentations and talks already proposed:
- chemical and isotopic fractionations during evaporation of refractory melts experiments;
- model calculations of evaporation processes;
- experiments on high- and low-temperature processes in the early Solar System;
- modeling of chondrule formation;
- hypervelocity impacts experiments on metal target and their bearing on metallic asteroids;
- metal/silicate equilibrium, mineral/melt partitioning, and redox issues;
- interaction between silicate surfaces and gas in the ISM;
- simulation of the iron-modification processes in the silicate surface of different cosmic bodies;
- oxygen fugacity of meteorites and synthesis of some mineral phases;
- morphologies of impact-simulated condensates and their natural analogs.
2. 1-day pre-meeting workshop on Sunday, July 22, 2018,
NEOs Hazard: multidisciplinary approach
We plan several sessions, each consists of 3-4 reports on a similar topic (each for 15-20 minutes) and then discussion-questions for about 30 minutes. Topics:
Time – from 9 am to about 4-5 pm.